Happy 75th

The Golden Gate Bridge celebrated its 75th birthday Sunday with an amazing fireworks display. We had a perfect view from the hills of Tiburon.
Luckily the night was clear of fog.
 
I have such a soft spot for the GGB. To me it means home. Over the years it has been a threshold, marking the last leg of trips home from college, travels in Asia, weekend getaways, and touristy days. I commuted over it for about a year (and I likely will again), and each morning and night I took in the view, always in awe of the changing climate- the fog and the sun clouding or brightening the International Orange, never two sunsets alike. I feel so lucky to have this bridge in my backyard. 
Happy 75th to the Golden Gate!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

« »

Yellow Wellies All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger